Civil Engineering Calculations
This app adheres to apple’s recommendation of a universal binary; Meaning the purchase contains both the iPad and iPhone versions for the same price. So if you have an iPod/iPhone you’ll get that version, but if you also have the iPad you’ll have that version too. The ‘Lite‘ version of this app does not support the iPad.
This program was designed to provide Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors with a quick way to calculate or check points on portions of a roadway profile, area calculations, drainage/flow calculations, traffic counts, etc. Great for use in the office, while checking through plans, or in the field when you need some quick effective calculations.
This tool is great for plan checkers, surveyors, and engineers who perform repetitive vertical curve grade calculations as well as for checking slopes and elevations, and now angles. Great for Civil Engineering Students, and Professionals.
For Support Information – Click on an Underlined Topic Below
Metric Support has been attempted for all areas (currently the only exception is the ruler). If there is an error, or any additional metric support requested, please let me know in the comments, or via e-mail.
- Vertical Curve Calculations
- Calculate Grades at a station
- Calculate Grades on a curve
- Calculate Elevation Intervals
- Calculate end elevation
- Calculate distance to achieve elevation
- Calculate start elevation
- Calculate an elevation at a station
- Calculate an elevation at an interval
- Traverse & Area
- Convert Degrees, Bearings & DMS
- Calculate a Turning Angle, or Deflection Angle
- Calculate X and Y Coordinates on a bearing
- Calculate Closure
- Calculate Area
- Use GPS points as input
- E-Mail PNEZD text file
- Mannings Pipe Flow
- Calculate Discharge
- Calculate Pipe Size
- Calculate Wet Perimeter
- Channel Flow
- Calculate Discharge
- Approximate Free-Board
- Check Rectangular, Trapezoidal, and V-Ditch Sections
- Traffic Counts
- Count Traffic Movements
- E-Mail Log of Counts
- Voltage Calcs
- Calc Line Drop over distance
- Check voltage and Choose wire Guage.
- Alternative Inputs
- Slopes ( Enter 4:1 instead of 25% )
- Level ( Use a Level to determine Slope )
- Ruler ( Choose various scales and measure a distance ) [ Currently only supports English Units]
Please let me know of any other feature requests. I will continue to update this with any ideas that I receive (Website or App Store comments).